It’s pretty easy to see why this no bake Chocolate Caramello Slice is one of the most popular recipes on the blog, the hardest part of making this is waiting for the chocolate to set!
I’d been meaning to take new photos of this slice for quite awhile now, but every time I made it, it just seemed to disappear way to quickly! I finally decided to make a batch for my Mum who was coming up to visit and hid the container of slice in the crisper – the perfect hiding spot! This new version of Caramello Slice is a little different to my original and personally I think it’s a little better – with two blocks of milk chocolate melted on top how can you go wrong?!
New and Improved No Bake Chocolate Caramello Slice
- 250 g 1 pack of Marie biscuits
- 200 g approx ½ tin of condensed milk
- 220 g block of Cadbury Caramello Chocolate
- 125 g of butter
- 2 x 220g blocks of Cadbury Milk Chocolate
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tray with baking paper making sure you leave paper hanging over the sides to help remove the slice from the tin once set.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces - you can use a food processor, or just bash them with the end of a rolling pin!
- Break the Caramello Chocolate into squares and place it into a microwave bowl along with the butter (which has been cubed) and cook until melted - I cook for 30 second spurts and mix together in between.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter & chocolate, condensed milk and crushed biscuits. Mix together to combine and then pour into the prepared tray.
- Using a metal spoon, spread slice evenly over the tray and push down to smooth.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place it into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts until it has melted.
- Pour the melted milk chocolate over the top of the Caramello Slice and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Remove the set slice from the baking tray and cut into small pieces (or large - no judgement here!) and enjoy.
No Bake Chocolate Caramello Slice Thermomix Instructions
Line a slice tin with baking paper, making sure you leave plenty hanging over the edge to help you lift the slice out of the tin later.
Place the Marie biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and crush for 5 seconds on speed 3 or until they have broken into small pieces.
Pour the crushed biscuits into a large bowl and set aside until needed.
Break the caramello chocolate into squares and place it along with the the butter and condensed milk into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes 30 secondson 60 degrees, speed 1 or until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl with the crushed biscuits and use a large metal spoon to mix together.
Pour the mixture into your lined baking tin and use the back of a metal spoon to spread the mixture evenly across the tray and push down to create a flat surface.
Break the milk chocolate into small pieces and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 sec spurts (stirring in between) until the chocolate has almost melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the slice and place in the fridge to set (preferably 2+ hours).
Remove the set slice from the fridge and cut into small pieces.
I wasn’t alone in thinking this slice was all kinds of amazing, once it was ‘discovered’ it was gone by the next day…
Do you hide food in the crisper too?