This week Lucy and I are excited to welcome the lovely Dannielle from Zamamabakes to our Fabulous Foodie Fridays Family! Dannielle is joining us as a co-host and we can’t wait to see what amazing recipes she comes up with! Before before I hand over to Dannielle, these were just some of the recipes which caught my eye last week.
This Egg Salad with Curried Mayonnaise from Land of Zonkt reminds me of my Nan who absolutely LOVES curried egg sandwiches. I will be making this for her next time we visit.
You can’t go wrong with these gorgeous Eton Mess Cupcakes created by Love Swah, the combination of vanilla, meringues and strawberries to too good to resist.
I made these Peach Salad Wraps from the very clever Lila Wolff last weekend and even my non salad eating husband enjoyed them.
Now it’s over to Dannielle….
Happy Friday lovely people!
For those of you who haven’t visited my blog before, my name is Dannielle and I blog at Zamamabakes. I’m very excited to announce I’ve teamed up with the gorgeous Lucy and Lauren to bring you the Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party! Let me just say I’m feeling very honoured to be working with these 2 beautiful, talented and inspiring ladies, I’ve been enjoying
following, drooling over both these ladies blogs and taking part in FFF’s for almost a year now,……. I know I have a lot to bake up to!
If you’re visiting for the first time, (here’s a little bit of info about how the party runs. Each Friday (well actually, late each Thursday night), Lauren, Lucy and now myself host a Fabulous Foodie Fridays party. We ask food bloggers to link up their favourite recipes for us to share… and drool over. It’s a little bit like an instant cookbook each and every week (and a great place to do your meal planning for the following week).
Being my debut post for Fabulous Foodie Fridays I thought I’d revamp an old favourite of mine that’s a winner every time I make it……Easy Chocolate Slice. A gorgeous friend first introduced me to this slice about 5 years ago and since then I’ve made a few little tweaks along the way. What I love most about this Easy chocolate Slice is that you can be enjoying a slice (minus the icing) within 15 minutes of placing all your ingredients in the mixing bowl!
Sometimes I add a cup of chocolate chips to the mixture as an indulging optional extra, they work a treat.
Serve a slice warm with your favourite ice cream and topping and dessert is sorted! Better still sandwich a scoop of ice cream between 2 pieces of slice, sprinkle some maltesers on top, drizzle that topping over the lot and you’ll have your very own ice cream burger! (a personal fav in the Zamamabakes household)
This slice is very versatile, catering to those who like a nice, moist, cakey slice and those who like a crunchier biscuity slice, for the cakey version cook for just 10 mins for the biscuity go with 15-20 mins.
This would have to be one of the easiest slices I have made and one of the most popular amongst young and old!!!
Easy Chocolate Slice - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #40
- 1 1/4 cups SR flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3/4 cup coconut I substitute rolled oats if I'm out of coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 125 g butter melted
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Optional extra:1 cup chocolate chips for a double chocolate hit
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa sifted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Sprinkles grated chocolate or coconut for decorating
- Preheat a moderate oven
- Mix all ingredients together (how easy is that!) plus your optional extra choc chips if you're going for the double chocolate hit
- Press into lined slice tin
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (10 if you like your slice soft and cakey)
- Ice with chocolate icing. Mix icing sugar, cocoa and gradually the milk together to get a smooth but not runny consistency. Spread over cooled slice and decorate with coconut, sprinkles, grated chocolate or just leave plain its up to you.
- I keep slice in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week if it lasts that long!
How do you like your slice……Cakey or Biscuity?
Lauren from Create Bake Make , Lucy from Bake Play Smile and now Dannielle from Zamamabakes have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile, Create Bake Make and Zamamabakes permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!