These 3 Ingredient Easy Rice Bubble Bars make a great snack for the kids – and adults too!
For an after school or lunch box snack for the kids, you really can’t go wrong with these Rice Bubble Bars. They are an easy budget version of the popular store bought bars, and one batch of can supply a full week of lunch box snacks for my boys – as long as I hide the container in the fridge 😉
As well as being a fun lunch box treat, these Rice Bubble Bars are also a fun party food for your next celebration. You can also decorate this slice with mini M&M’s, themed sprinkles or leave them plain if you prefer.
This recipe is so easy to put together, it seriously only takes around 5 minutes from start to finish to make these bars using my Thermomix, and only takes slightly longer making them conventionally.
Tips for Making This Easy Rice Bubble Bars Recipe:
- This slice is best stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 5 days of making.
- If you can’t find Rice Bubbles, you can use alternatives such as Rice Krispies.
- You can also use both pink and white marshmallows for this recipe, if using pink, the slice will have a slight colour to it.
- You can also use a 28 x 18cm slice tin for this recipe.
You can find more easy snacks for the kids here!
Also, make sure you check out our ‘Tasty Tummies Lunch Box Snacks’ and ‘Freezer Friendly Snacks‘ Books.
Easy Rice Bubble Bars Recipe
- 75 grams butter
- 200 grams white marshmallows
- 6 cups rice bubbles or similar
- 100s & 1000s to decorate optional
- To begin, line the base and sides of a 20 cm cake tin with baking paper - making sure you leave the paper hanging over the edges.
- In a large bowl, add the rice bubbles and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until they have both melted and combined.
- Pour the melted mixture quickly into the bowl with the rice bubbles, and mix until combined.
- Pour the combined mixture into a slice tin and use a metal spoon to spread across the tin and push down.
- Sprinkle 100s and 1000s over the top (optional) and place in the fridge for two hours or until set.
- Once set, remove the slice from the fridge and cut into small squares.
How to Make Rice Bubble Bars in a Thermomix
1. As above
2. Place the marshmallows and butter into the thermomix bowl and cook for 1 minute on 80 degrees, speed 1 or until melted and combined. After approximately 30 seconds, use the spatula to scrape down the sides.
3. Add the rice bubbles to the bowl and mix for 1 minute 20 seconds on speed 1 Reverse until mixture has combined.
Follow above from step 6.
What are your kids favourite lunch box treats?