This Chocolate Snickers Slice recipe ticks all of the boxes: it’s no bake, is easy to make and it can also be made using a Thermomix too!
If I had to choose just one chocolate bar to eat for the rest of my life, Snickers would have to be close to the very top of my list. I can’t resist the caramel, nougat and peanut goodness of these bars, which explains why I’ve come up with just a few recipes using them over the years! This simple Chocolate Snickers Slice recipe uses SIX of these delicious bars and you could even use another if you wanted more pieces of Snickers over the top – I won’t judge you!
I came up with the idea for this slice after making my Peppermint Slice recipe and having 1/2 a tin of condensed milk left over (I couldn’t waste it!) and when I saw Snickers Bars on special for $1 each, I knew exactly what to use it for. Thankfully I had a few friends over the day after I made this recipe which helped stop me from eating waaaay more than I should.
This recipe is based on my no bake Caramello Slice recipe and you could easily substitute Snickers Bars for your favourite chocolate bar if you wanted to – I’m thinking of trying a Mars Bar version next.
Chocolate Snickers Slice
- 250 g 1 pack of Marie biscuits
- 200 g approx 1/2 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 6 x Snickers Bars
- 125 g of butter
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tray with baking paper making sure you leave paper hanging over the sides to help remove the slice from the tin once set.
- Crush the biscuits into small pieces - you can use a food processor, or just bash them with the end of a rolling pin!
- Roughly chop FIVE of the Snickers into small pieces and place them into a microwave safe bowl along with the butter (which has been cubed) and cook until melted - I cook for 30 second spurts and mix together in between.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter & snickers mixture, condensed milk and crushed biscuits. Mix together to combine and then pour into the prepared tray.
- Using a metal spoon, spread slice evenly over the tray and push down to smooth the surface.
- Break the milk chocolate into pieces and place it into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts until it has melted.
- Pour the melted milk chocolate over the top of the slice and top with pieces of the remaining Snickers Bar. Place the slice into the fridge for a minimum of three hours to set.
- Remove the set slice from the baking tray and cut into small pieces (or large - no judgement here!) and enjoy.
It's best stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Thermomix Chocolate Snickers Slice Instructions
- Line a slice tin with baking paper, making sure you leave plenty hanging over the edge to help you lift the slice out of the tin later.
- Place the Marie biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and crush for 5 seconds on speed 3 or until they have broken into small pieces.
- Pour the crushed biscuits into a large bowl and set aside until needed.
- Break FIVE of the Snickers Bars into three pieces and place them along with the the butter and condensed milk into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 1 or until all the ingredients have melted and combined.
- Add the crushed biscuits to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 REVERSE.
- Transfer the mixture into your lined baking tin (don’t worry it will be sticky) and use the back of a metal spoon to spread the mixture evenly across the tray and push down to create a flat surface.
- Break the milk chocolate into small pieces and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 sec spurts (stirring in between) until the chocolate has almost melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the slice and decorate it with pieces of the remaining Snickers Bar. Place in the fridge to set (preferably 3+ hours).
- Remove the set slice from the fridge and cut into small pieces.