One of the most popular recipes on the blog is my easy Peppermint Slice, so it only seemed right to convert it to make in my Thermomix! This Thermomix Peppermint Slice recipe only requires a few easy (and delicious!) ingredients and in no time at all it will be ready to enjoy.
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a huge fan of chocolate/peppermint recipes (it’s like chocolate toothpaste!) but even I have to admit that I can’t resist trying just a little piece of this yummy slice – much to my husband’s dismay!
What makes this recipe sooo easy is that you don’t need to use any flavourings to get the peppermint flavour, simply melt a block of peppermint chocolate and you are done – too easy!! This recipe is also SUPER versatile, and you can substitute the peppermint chocolate for any other flavour – my personal favourite is Caramello Slice! If you don’t have a thermomix, don’t worry! This Peppermint Slice is still super easy to make conventionally and you can find the instructions on how to make it here.
Thermomix Peppermint Slice Recipe
- 100 g butter - melted
- 200 g of condensed milk
- 200 g block of Peppermint Chocolate - melted
- 1 pack of Marie Biscuits - crushed
- 150 g of white chocolate melts
- Line a 28x18cm slice tin with baking paper - make sure you leave paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the Thermomix Peppermint Slice once it's set.
- Place the biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and use the 1 sec Turbo function to crush until they are broken up into approximately 2 - 3cm pieces. Transfer to a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- Without washing the Thermomix bowl, add the butter (cut into cubes), condensed milk and peppermint chocolate which has been broken into squares and cook for 3 minutes, 55 degrees, speed 3. If it's not quite combined at the end of the cooking time (time taken will depend on temperature of the ingredients), cook for a further 1 minute, 50 degrees, speed 3.
- Add the biscuits to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 2 REVERSE or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin (it will be a little sticky) and use a metal spoon to spread and flatten the surface.
- Place the white chocolate melts into a CLEAN Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 2 before scraping down the sides and cooking for a further 1 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 2 or until melted.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the top of your Thermomix Peppermint Slice and place it into the fridge for 6 hours (preferably overnight) to set before cutting into small pieces.