Need a quick snack for the kids? This Easy Banana Pikelets recipe is for you!
We love Pikelets, you only need a few ingredients, they are simple to make and you can get a whole heap of them from one batch. These easy Banana Pikelets are a favourite recipe in our house, and my boys love to enjoy these for breakfast or as a special treat at morning or afternoon tea time.
Tips for Making Banana Pikelets:
- When making this recipe, try to use the ripest bananas that you can – the browner the better! This helps to give these pikelets their sweetness.
- I like to store them in a freezer safe container and then just grab a couple out as needed.
- I find that I can add them to my kids lunchboxes in the morning and they will have defrosted by morning break.
For a Healthier Banana Pikelet Recipe:
- Omit the caster sugar if you like. If you are doing this, just make sure that the bananas you are using are brown.
How to Serve Banana Pikelets:
These Pikelets are delicious when served on their own, however we also like to serve them with extra chopped banana pieces or with a thick and yummy layer of raspberry jam.
Banana Pikelets Recipe
- Frying Pan
- 1 & 1/3 cups self raising flour 200 grams
- 2 tbsp caster sugar optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams bananas approximately 3 medium sized bananas
- 1 & 1/3 cups milk 200 grams
- Butter to grease the frying pan
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Set aside until needed
- Sift the self raising flour into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and stir through to create a well in the centre.
- In a large jug, add the eggs, milk and vanilla essence and stir to combine. Add the combined liquids along with the mashed banana to the sifted flour mixture and stir with a large metal spoon to combine.
- Add a little butter to a non stick frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Use a large spoon to scoop up the pikelet mixture and pour into the heated frying pan. Repeat until you have four pikelets in your frying pan.
- Cook each pikelet for approximately one minute, or until they begin to bubble on the surface. Carefully flip each pikelet over with an egg flip and cook for a further minute. Transfer the pikelets to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat the above step until you have used all of the mixture.
- Serve pikelets immediately with your favourite topping.
- Cut your bananas into thirds.
- Place the self raising flour, caster sugar, vanilla essence, milk, eggs and bananas into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the banana pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a Thermoserver or plate covered with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the mixture.
You might also enjoy these Banana recipes:
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- One Bowl Banana and Strawberry Bread
- Choc Chip Banana Blondies
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Banana and Zucchini Loaf
- Easy Thermomix Banana Muffins
For more easy snack ideas for the kids, you may like to check out this collection of healthy lunchbox snacks for the kids and you can also find lots of yummy simple recipes in our Tasty Tummies Healthy Snack Book or ThermoBliss Lunch Box Snacks Book.