We recently celebrated our little man’s fourth birthday and kick started the festivities with this easy Pikelet Recipe.
These Pikelets take no time at all to put together, which is important when you’ve got ravenous kids to feed! My boys LOVE these and I had to distract them by encouraging them to have a play outside just so I could grab a couple of photos before they started to devour them!
The boys covered their Pikelets with a VERY thick layer of Raspberry Jam, but I decided to go with a little lemon and sugar instead. As well as being a great breakfast treat, these easy Pikelets also make a fun dessert, party food option or you can even pop a couple into the kids lunch boxes. You can also make these in advance, wrap in cling wrap and pop into the freezer for a quick and easy snack.
Easy Thermomix Pikelet Recipe
- Put the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until melted.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, milk, egg and a sprinkle of salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the apple pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the pikelet mixture.
- Serve these pikelets warm with your choice of toppings.
What’s your favourite topping to put on Pikelets?