We recently celebrated our little man’s fourth birthday and kick started the festivities with this easy Pikelet Recipe.
These Pikelets take no time at all to put together, which is important when you’ve got ravenous kids to feed! My boys LOVE these and I had to distract them by encouraging them to have a play outside just so I could grab a couple of photos before they started to devour them!
The boys covered their Pikelets with a VERY thick layer of Raspberry Jam, but I decided to go with a little lemon and sugar instead. As well as being a great breakfast treat, these easy Pikelets also make a fun dessert, party food option or you can even pop a couple into the kids lunch boxes. You can also make these in advance, wrap in cling wrap and pop into the freezer for a quick and easy snack.
Easy Pikelet Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup 190g of self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 200 ml of milk
- 60 g of melted butter - cooled
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle of salt
- extra butter to add to your pan.
- Sift the self raising flour into a bowl and stir through the caster sugar and salt.
- In a jug, add the milk, egg and cooled melted butter and combine well with a small whisk.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the flour and use a whisk to combine all of the ingredients.
- Place a non stick frying pan on the stove over a medium high heat and add a little butter.
- Place dessert spoon sized amounts of the mixture into the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes before carefully flipping over and cooking for a further minute.
- Transfer the cooked Pikelets to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat (adding a little extra butter as needed) until you have used all of the mixture.
- Serve Pikets with your favourite topping or keep in the fridge/freezer until required.
Easy Thermomix Pikelet Recipe
- Put the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until melted.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, milk, egg and a sprinkle of salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the apple pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the pikelet mixture.
- Serve these pikelets warm with your choice of toppings.