I’ve finally updated my easy Zucchini Slice recipe with Thermomix instructions too!!
When it comes to easy and versatile recipes, it really doesn’t get much better than this easy Zucchini Slice. This recipe has practically been a staple in our house since even before we had kids as it really is the ultimate simple meal – or snack!
One of the things I love most about this easy Zucchini Slice recipe is that it’s just so versatile, making it a great way to use up those left over veggies you have in the crisper at the end of the week. Although it obviously contains Zucchini, I have made this in the past using sweet potato, broccoli and other veggies instead.
We enjoy this easy dinner and/or snack both hot and cold, and it’s just perfect for the kids lunchboxes (especially as it’s freezer friendly!) to quickly turn it into a complete meal, I like to serve it with some Alfredo Pasta and either salad or steamed veggies, but we are also known to eat this just on it’s own with a big dollop of my Mum’s homemade relish!
You can find the method for my conventional Zucchini Slice Recipe here.
Easy Thermomix Zucchini Slice Recipe
- 120 grams zucchini approximately 1 large zucchini
- 1 brown onion cut in half
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 4 rashers of shortcut bacon roughly torn into pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams tasty cheese cut into 3cm cubes
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees (fan forced) and line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the tasty cheese into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 8 seconds, speed 8 to grate. Set aside until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the brown onion and garlic clove into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 5 to grate.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the zucchini, carrot, red capsicum and torn bacon pieces. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 5 to grate and then scrape down the sides of your bowl. You can grate for a further 4 seconds on speed 5 it you would like the veggies pieces smaller.
- Add the eggs, salt and pepper, self raising flour and approximately 3/4 of the cheese you grated earlier. Mix for 15 seconds, speed 4 on reverse to combine.
- Pour into your slice tin and add the remaining grated cheese. Pop in the oven and bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
For more easy family friendly dinner ideas, make sure you check out Family Dinners Made Easy – also available in a Thermomix version too!