Our mornings are ALWAYS chaotic. It doesn’t matter how much I try to get organised the night before, we are still racing out of the door late – and you can guarantee the boys will ALWAYS sleep in if we need to leave home early. That’s why I make smoothies for my breakfast (although lately the boys have been wanting one too!) as they are quick to prepare and most importantly I can drink them on the go and in the care. This Banana and Berry Smoothie is one of my favourite combinations, and I usually have it three or four times a week.
I normally use frozen raspberries when making this smoothie, however you can substitute these for whatever berries you would like to use. We also love to add strawberries and blueberries and a combination of different berries is also really yummy too. You can also substitute the skim milk of whatever milk you would prefer. I sometimes use soy milk which is really yummy too, and best of all the boys don’t even notice!
This quantity makes enough smoothie for one adult or two little kids! You could easily double this recipe to make two adult serves though.
Banana and Berry Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of skim milk or whatever your favourite milk is
- 1 teaspoon of LSA mix
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Use the 'pulse' function to blend ingredients together - this usually takes 20 - 30 seconds depending on the type of blender you are using.
- Pour the Banana and Berry Smoothie into a tall glass and enjoy!
Banana and Berry Smoothie Thermomix Instructions
- Place all of your Thermomix Banana Berry Smoothie ingredients into the TM bowl.
- Blitz for 15 seconds on speed 7 or until the smoothie is creamy.
- Serve immediately
What’s your favourite smoothie flavour combination?