This easy Thermomix Mars Bar Slice really is one of my all time favourite slice recipes – a big call I know! All you need is five simple ingredients and in no time you will be enjoying a slice of this crunch and chocolate slice.
Growing up, Mars Bar Slice used to make a regular appearance on birthday party dessert tables at both our house and at my friends, and I’ve made it a few times now to share at our boy’s birthday parties and it’s always one of the first things to go!
This easy Thermomix Mars Bar Slice is just a little extra indulgent when compared to my classic Mars Bar Slice recipe, thanks to an extra thick layer of milk chocolate on top – after all you can never have too much chocolate!
I only used one Mars Bar to decorate the top of this slice, but you can certainly add as many as you like – I certainly won’t judge you!
If you don’t have a Thermomix, don’t worry! You can find my original Mars Bar Slice recipe here.
Easy Thermomix Mars Bar Slice
- 5 Mars Bars
- 125 g of butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 4 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 400 g of milk chocolate
- Line a 28 x 18cm tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the Mars Bar Slice once it has set.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and 4 of the Mars Bars (which have been chopped into quarters) into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 3. Scrape down the sides and cook for a further 1 minute if the ingredients haven't quite melted.
- Add the rice cereal and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE or until the rice cereal has been covered with the melted Mars Bar mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared slice tin and push down with the back of a metal spoon to flatten and smooth the surface.
- In a clean Thermomix bowl, add the milk chocolate (which has been broken into pieces) and cook for 2 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 3. Scrape down the sides and cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes or until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of your Mars Bar Slice and decorate with pieces of the extra Mars Bar and place into the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Cut the set Thermomix Mars Bar Slice into pieces and enjoy!