These Thermomix ABCD Muffins (or ‘letter cakes’ as they are known in our house!) make a great snack for both the little and big kids. Filled with Apple, Banana, Cinnamon and Dates, they also help to balance out the fact that you are eating a cake – well I tell myself that anyway!
As these are mainly for the kids, I only fill the muffin cases halfway, so this mixture makes around 24 muffins. These ABCD Muffins are also freezer friendly and I like to pop a couple into freezer bags ready to thaw for an easy lunch box treat, morning tea or whenever I have a craving for cake!
When putting these Thermomix ABCD Muffins together, it’s completely up to you if you prefer to peel the apple before you grate it, or also feel free to use fresh dates (just make sure you remove the pit!) instead of dried ones.
These ABCD muffins are also a great option for kids parties and in the past I’ve baked them in mini muffin trays (you will get around 50ish) to make little bite sized muffins, perfect for little tummies!
For more easy (and healthy!) kids recipes, check out our Tasty Tummies Healthy Lunchbox Snacks Book.
Thermomix ABCD Muffins
- 375 g of self raising flour
- 115 g of caster sugar
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 150 g of butter
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple
- 100 g of pitted dates
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line 2 x 12 hole muffin tins with paper cases and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 3 or until melted. Transfer the butter to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- Add the Apple (which has been cut into quarters) and the pitted dates and blitz using the turbo function (.5 setting) 3 - 4 times or until finely chopped.
- Add the bananas and mix for 8 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla essence and milk and mix on REVERSE for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the self raising flour, caster sugar and cinnamon and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 4 seconds on speed 4 reverse or until the ABCD Muffin mixture has just combined.
- Divide the Thermomix ABCD Muffins mixture amongst the paper cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Let the muffins cool in the tray for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.