This family friendly BBQ Chicken Pasta Bake can be ready to enjoy in just 45 minutes! You will love how versatile (and budget friendly) this recipe is and you can bulk this meal out even further by adding extra veggies or serving with a salad.
This pasta bake is incredibly family friendly and is on regular rotation in our house.
You will love:
Budget Friendly – you can adapt this recipe to suit what is in your pantry or fridge.
Family Friendly – the kids will love this meal!
Quick to prepare – you can be enjoying this BBQ Chicken Pasta Bake in under 45 minutes.
Freezer friendly – leftovers can be frozen for up to two months.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients and cooking instructions in the recipe card below.
- Pasta – I like to use bow tie pasta but any type of pasta is fine.
- Chicken – either leftover roast chicken or chicken breast/thigh can be used.
- Corn – frozen or tinned corn can be used.
- Red Onion
- Bacon – shortcut or bacon rashers can be used.
- Tinned tomatoes
- BBQ Sauce
Step 1. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions and drain.
Step 2. Cook the bacon, chicken (if using breast/thigh), corn and onion until golden.
Step 3. Place pasta into baking dish and add pineapple, cooked corn, bacon and onion.
Step 4. Add the crushed tomatoes and BBQ Sauce.
Step 5. Gently stir to combine and sprinkle with the cheese.
Step 4. Place into the oven to bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden.
Recipe Hints and Tips
Any type of pasta can be used for this recipe.
Have leftover cooked chicken? Use this in place of cooking a chicken breast.
Use either frozen or canned corn.
To up the veggie content of this recipe, add a grated zucchini and red capsicum.
Use a mixture of tasty and mozzarella cheese if you wish.
If not consuming immediately, store in the fridge for up to three days. Freeze leftovers for up to two months.
Yes it will. It is best to slightly undercook pasta before going into the oven so that it doesn’t end up mushy.
Yes, cooked pasta can be frozen for up to two months.
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
- Easy Beef Kofta | Family Friendly
- Curried Sausage Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Slow Cooker Pasta Bake
- Quick Sausage Pasta
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Easy Chicken Rissoles
- Sausage Hot Pot Recipe
- Easy Thermomix Dinners
- Chicken Recipes for Dinner
- Easy Budget Friendly Family Meal Ideas
BBQ Chicken Pasta Bake
- 1 x 20cm square oven safe dish
- 250 grams Bow Tie Pasta
- 250 grams chicken breast see notes
- 100 grams bacon 3 rashers of short cut bacon
- 1 red onion
- 400 grams corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 200 grams pineapple pieces
- 100 grams tasty cheese grated
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan forced).
- Cook pasta as per directions, drain and set aside.
- In a non stick fry pan, add the chicken breast, bacon, corn and red onion and cook over a medium to high heat for approximately 8 minutes until the chicken breast has cooked through and the bacon has browned slightly.
- Remove chicken breast from the pan and shred using two forks.
- Add drained pasta, shredded chicken, bacon, corn and red onion to baking dish. Add ¼ cup of the tasty cheese.
- Add the pineapple pieces, BBQ sauce and crushed tomatoes and gently combine in baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and then pop into the oven for 25 minutes until the cheese on top has started to brown.
Looking for More?
You can find even more simple and easy dinners in our books and eBooks – including our best selling Family Dinners Made Easy. Browse the full range here.