Need dinner on the table quickly? This Curried Sausage Pasta ticks all of the boxes!
The afternoon and early evening are all kinds of crazy in our house (hello three tired boys!) and I need to get dinner on the table with the least effort possible. This Curried Sausage Pasta honestly takes less than 30 minutes to make, contains two of my kids favourites food (sausages and pasta), PLUS it also has some veggies smuggled in – winning!
A great thing about this recipe is that you will find most of the ingredients already in your fridge and pantry, making it great if you are looking for a budget dinner recipe. You can also modify this recipe to use the veggies that you already have in your fridge, helping you reduce your food waste.
Tips for Making my Curried Sausages Pasta include:
- You can increase or decrease the number of sausages used in this recipe.
- This recipe can be easily doubled to feed a crowd.
- Instead of serving with pasta, you can also serve it with rice.
- You can add/leave out vegetables to suit your taste, peas, corn, and beans (cut into small pieces) are also great options too.
- I use ½ tablespoon of curry powder when making this for my kids, you can increase the amount of curry powder if you would like a bit more ‘kick’.
- This recipe is freezer friendly. You can also just freeze the ‘sauce’ and the defrost and cook fresh pasta when ready to serve.
You might also like to check out my Curried Sausage Pasta Bake recipe.
You can also find more easy dinner ideas in ‘Family Dinners Made Easy‘ – also available in a Thermomix version.
Curried Sausages Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sausages
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 brown onion grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot grated
- 400 g tin of crushed tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 200 g of pasta - dry
- Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- In the meantime, add the olive oil to the frying pan and heat over a medium and add the grated onion and crushed garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the sausages and and cook for 5 minutes, turning to brown.
- Add the grated zucchini and carrot, and cook for a further 3 minutes - tossing the sausage regularly to ensure they are brown on each side.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the crushed tomatoes, curry powder and salt and pepper before cooking for a further 3 - 4 minutes or until the sausages are cooked through.
- Using a pair of tongs, carefully cut the sausage into pieces while still in the pan and then Use carefully transfer the cooked pasta directly into the frying pan and gently toss it through the tomato and sausage mixture to coat.
- Divide between four bowls and serve with a little grated parmesan cheese.
Leave a Reply