This easy Thermomix Waffles recipe ticks all the boxes: made with simple ingredients, ready in under 30 minutes and easy to prepare! Don’t have a Thermomix? Don’t worry! This recipe can also be made using a blender.
For a delicious special breakfast, you really cannot go wrong with these Thermomix Waffles!
You will love:
Simple Ingredients – you don’t need any fancy ingredients to make this recipe!
Feeds a crowd – this recipe will make approximately 10 waffles.
Versatile – top your waffles with maple syrup, jam, fresh fruit or even Nutella and ice-cream for a special dessert!
Freezer friendly – pop any leftover waffles into the freezer to enjoy for a delicious snack or breakfast.
- Please note you will find the full list of ingredients and cooking methods in the recipe card below.
- Self-raising Flour – please ensure you use self-raising and not plain flour for this recipe.
- Caster Sugar
- Eggs – we use 70 gram eggs
- Butter – unsalted butter was used to make this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – can be substituted with vanilla essence
How to Make Waffles in a Thermomix
Step 1. Melt the butter.
Step 2. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
Step 3. Preheat waffle machine.
Step 4. Add waffle mixture to machine and cook until golden.
Step 5. Serve with favourite accompaniments.
You can use either a Thermomix or blender to make these waffles.
It is essential to use self-raising flour and NOT plain flour for this recipe as this is what helps to give the waffles a fluffy centre.
The waffle batter will thicken upon standing.
Please note the number of waffles made using this batter may vary depending on the waffle iron you use. This recipe is based on using a ‘Breville Crisp Control Waffle Maker’. I use a ⅓ cup to scoop up the batter and add to the machine.
For crispier waffles, increase the cooking time.
These waffle can be frozen.
Leftover waffles also make a great snack in the kids lunchboxes!
The batters are very similar however waffle batter has a higher proportion of eggs, milk and butter.
The addition of cornflour (cornstarch) helps to give your waffles a crispy outer and soft and fluffy inside.
Make sure your waffle machine is fully heated before adding the mixture. Also adding cornflour to your waffles will help them have a crispy crust.
Looking for More?
- Easy Pancakes
- Banana Pikelets Recipe
- Thermomix Porridge
- Healthy Choc Berry Smoothie
- Apple Pikelets
- Mango Smoothie
- Croissant Pudding
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pikelets
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Waffle Iron
- 60 grams butter
- 320 grams milk 1 & ½ cups
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225 grams self-raising flour
- 80 grams cornflour
- 55 grams caster sugar
- Place butter into Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until metled.
- Add the remaining ingredient and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix of a further 5 seconds, speed 5 or until batter is smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron and add mixture. I use a Breville Waffle Iron and add ⅓ cup of mixture.
- Repeat until all of the waffle mixture has been used.
- Place the butter into a microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 seconds spurts until just melted.
- Add butter and remaining ingredients into a blender and use the pulse function until the mixture has just combined.
- Follow instructions as above from step 4.
Looking for even more?
You can find more simple and delicious recipes in our books and eBooks – shop the range here.