We LOVE Smoothies and this simple Mango Smoothie Recipe is one of our favourites.
One of my favourite things about summer (apart from gorgeous weather and summer holidays of course!) is that it is also mango season. For the past couple of years we’ve been fortunate to receive a couple of trays of Mangoes just before Christmas through my husbands work (sooo much better than the bottles of alcohol he used to receive) and after the long (and messy) task of peeling, cutting and bagging them up for the freezer, they keep us going for a couple of months.
I’ve been using some of these frozen mango pieces in my smoothies for the past few weeks now, but this simple Mango Smoothie would have to be my favourite Mango creation so far. Along with frozen mango I also use frozen banana and chia seeds and I blend them really well so the end result is a thick, creamy and delicious smoothie.
My boys have also been enjoying this Mango Smoothie as ‘special ice-cream’. All I do is simply make a double mixture of the Mango Smoothie mixture and then pop it into icy pole moulds and it’s the perfect morning or afternoon snack, especially on these crazy hot days.
Simple Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup 230g of milk (your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ frozen mango approximately 100g
- 4 ice cubes
- Cut the frozen mango and banana into pieces approximately 2cm thick.
- Place ALL of the ingredients into your blender and pulse for 5 - 6 times to break up the frozen pieces.
- Increase the speed of your blender and blitz for 1 minute to combine the ingredients completely.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Please ensure you use your blender/mixer as per the manufacturer instructions.
Simple Mango Smoothie Thermomix Instructions
- Slice the frozen banana and mango into 2 cm pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 2 minutes on speed 9.
- Pour into a glass serve.
What’s your favourite smoothie flavour?
Lucy @ Bake Play Smile
YUM! This sounds so good! And what a great idea for a Christmas present too!