Love Bread and Butter Pudding? This easy Croissant Pudding is going to quickly become your new favourite dessert!
I was never really a fan of Bread and Butter Pudding when I was growing up, just the whole idea of soggy bread and milk just turned me right off, crazy I know! Since then you will be pleased to know that I have given it a try a couple of times and it was the inspiration for this easy Croissant Pudding recipe.
This Croissant Pudding recipe is one of those easy desserts which is just perfect if you are entertaining as you can easily put it together and then pop it into the oven while you enjoy the company of your family – or break up fights between your kids if you are like me! Apart from the croissants, you are most likely to have the rest of the ingredients for this recipe already in your pantry and fridge (or if croissants are a regular staple in your house, can I please move in?) and although you can enjoy this yummy pudding straight from the oven, it’s also really nice with ice-cream or custard too.
Tips for Making this Easy Croissant Pudding
- You can use those smaller sized croissants that you can find at the supermarket, you will however need more to fill the baking dish.
- The sultanas can be omitted from this recipe.
- This dessert is best enjoyed the day it’s made but will also be yummy warmed up and eaten the following day.
You can find more easy pudding recipes in this post.
Easy Croissant Pudding
- 9 croissants
- ½ cup sultanas
- 200 ml milk
- 300 ml cream
- ⅓ cup caster sugar + 2 extra tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Cut the croissants in half and place them into a baking dish. Sprinkle the sultanas over the top.
- Place the milk, cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract into a small saucepan and use a whisk to combine. Cook over a medium heat and stir regularly with a whisk until the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Slowly pour the milk and cream mixture into the bowl, whisking as you pour it in.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants and sprinkle the extra caster sugar over the top of the croissants.
- Place the Croissant Pudding into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the croissants are golden.