Every time i make this Healthy Choc Berry Smoothie, I always end up having to share it with my boys as they love it too!
Smoothies are my go to breakfast (and lunch/dinner!), not only because they are quick to make (which is VERY important in our chaotic house!) but also because I can enjoy them on the go and they keep me full for longer during the day. It’s not just me who enjoys smoothies, both of the boys regular ask for a ‘special milkshake’ and always seem to appear whenever I go to make one for myself.
This recipe for my Healthy Chocolate Smoothie will give you enough for both a big and small person serve and you can simply increase the amount of ingredients used if you need to make it for more people. It’s a lifesaver on those mornings when I just don’t get time for breakfast, or the boys are being super fussy and refusing food as they will happily drink this, not realising they are having something which is good for them too.
I add a teaspoon of honey when making this smoothie for the boys to give it a little extra sweetness, but on the rare occasion that I’m making this just for myself, I will often leave it out. You can also substitute the strawberries for blueberries or raspberries which are also super yummy too.
Healthy Choc Berry Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of rolled oats
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 strawberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 230 g of milk your choice
- Slice the frozen banana into 1cm pieces and place all ingredients into your blender.
- Pulse 4 - 5 times to break up the banana and ice cubes and blend for a further 30 seconds until all ingredients combined.
- Serve immediately
Thermomix Healthy Choc Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Slice the frozen banana into 2 cm pieces and place all ingredients into your Thermomix bow.
- Blitz for 1 minute and 30 seconds on speed 8
- Serve immediately
Do your kids love smoothies too? What’s their favourite combination?
Leave a Reply