This Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta with Bacon is a one bowl dinner can be ready to enjoy in 30 minutes – the perfect midweek meal! It is a family friendly dinner recipe and can be made up to two days in advance as well as also being freezer friendly.
This easy dinner is always popular in our household and I know your family will love it too!
Why you will love this recipe:
Pantry Staples – you don’t need any special ingredients for this recipe.
Cream Free– milk rather than cream is used in this recipe.
30 Minutes – you can have this meal ready to enjoy within 30 minutes.
Freezer friendly – pop any leftovers into the freezer and store for up to two months.
Please note you will find the full ingredient list and recipe method in the recipe card below.
To make this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta you will need: Chicken (use either chicken breast or thigh), bacon, brown onion, garlic, vegetable stock, pesto, milk (I recommend full cream milk for this recipe or you can use cream if you wish), pasta (fettuccine or spiral pasta works best) and parmesan cheese.
Omit the bacon if you wish. For a veggie hit, simply add some steamed broccoli before serving.
Tips for Making this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe:
You can use either chicken breast or thigh.
I recommend using full cream milk, you can use cream if you prefer.
Enjoy within two days, alternatively you can freeze for up to two months.
Feeding a crowd? You can double the recipe. Please ensure you are using a pot larger enough to accomodate your ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can freeze pesto. For best results, use within three months.
Traditionally, pesto is made using basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt.
Find more easy dinners here:
- Curried Sausage Pasta
- Homemade Beef and Vegetable Pasties
- Quick Sausage Pasta
- Healthy Sausage Rolls
- Chicken Avocado and Pesto Quesadilla
- Mini Ham and Cheese Quiches
- Rissoles Recipe | Made with Beef and Vegetables
- Chicken and Vegetable Parma Balls
- Easy Thermomix Chicken Curry
- Bacon Spinach and Feta Quiche
Looking for more?
You can find delicious and easy dinners in our books and eBooks. Shop the range here.
Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 x large pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion grated
- 500 grams chicken breast cubed
- 4 rashers bacon shortcut
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ¼ cup pesto
- ⅓ cup milk
- 300 grams pasta fettuccine or spiral pasta
- 50 grams parmesan cheese finely grated
- Slice your chicken breast and bacon into pieces and set aside until needed.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and warm over a medium/high heat and add the onion and the garlic along with the chicken and bacon pieces and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until the chicken begins to brown and the onion is translucent.
- Add the vegetable stock and pasta and stir through to combine.
- Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a medium heat and placing the lid onto the saucepan. Let the pasta cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the milk, pesto and parmesan cheese. Stir these ingredients through the pasta before replacing the lid and allowing to cook for a further 2 – 3 minutes before serving.