Over the last few weeks I have been hooked on brownies and blondes – and it’s easy to guess why!! Each recipe I have made, I’ve thought it to be the winner. However I think these Raspberry Spiked Chocolate Brownies with the combination of rich dark chocolate brownie with raspberries literally takes the cake (pun intended). These are sensational, the brownie is so rich and chocolatey, and the raspberries are such a great contrast and I guarantee you won’t be able to stop at just one. The centre is quite soft, and is GREAT warm with vanilla ice cream. My little helper enjoyed licking the bowl…. I know just award me mother of the year now.
Raspberry Spiked Chocolate Brownies
- 200 g dark chocolate chopped
- 250 g butter
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries - fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 23cm square cake tin with baking paper - making sure you leave plant of paper hanging over the edges to help you remove the Raspberry Spiked Chocolate Brownies when cooked.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth
- Pour into a bowl and add the sugar and eggs
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa over the chocolate mixture and mix to combine
- Pour your Raspberry Spiked Chocolate Brownie mixture into the prepared tin and top the mixture with the raspberries and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Brownies should be very fudgey in middle.
What’s your favourite Brownie combination?