Love Milo? This simple Milo Brownies recipe might just become your new favourite!
Who doesn’t love brownies right, especially when they also contain Milo! This simple Milo Brownies recipe contains a few pantry staples, so there really is no excuse not to make them! I came up with this recipe when my husband asked me to make something special for a morning tea they were having at work. Of course he told me at 6pm the night before, so my options for coming up with something a bit different were pretty limited!When I was grabbing the ingredients for these brownies I saw the Milo tin sitting on the shelf in the cupboards and thought ‘why not?!’. After sampling just a small piece of these Milo Brownies (I’m trying to stop eating chocolate – crazy I know!) I can confidently say this recipe was a success!
These Milo Brownies have a soft and fudgey centre and you still get a little crunch from the Milo even after it’s cooked. I topped them with a simple chocolate icing but you really don’t have to and can still enjoy them as is.
You can learn how to make Milo Brownies in the below video:
Milo Brownies Recipe
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup 220g caster sugar
- ¾ cup 75gcocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup 75g plain flour
- ¾ cup 90g Milo
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper – this will help you to remove the brownies once they are cooked.
- In a large saucepan (you want it to be big enough to add the extra ingredients to later), melt the butter, cocoa and sugar over a low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla extract and egg and whisk the mixture as you go.
- Sift the flour into the saucepan, add the Milo and whisk to combine.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Place the brownies into the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the tin before carefully removing and cutting into pieces to serve.
You can ice your Milo Brownies with a simple chocolate icing if you wish
Thermomix Milo Brownie Recipe
Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
Place the sugar, butter and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 3 minutes on speed 2 at 65 degrees or until melted.
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
Add the flour and Milo and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4 before scraping down the sides and mixing for another 10 seconds on speed 4.
Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface.
Place the brownies into the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
Carefully remove the cooked brownies from the oven and allow them to completely cool in the tin before removing, cut into small pieces .