If you thought my Milo Muffins were yummy, just wait until you try these Chocolate Chip and Milo Muffins!
We haven’t been able to get enough of Milo Muffins since first making them a couple of months ago, so I thought I’d experiment with the recipe a little by adding chocolate chips, which just makes these muffins even more irresistible!
I’ve made these using both chocolate chips as well as chopped milk chocolate (in an effort to get it out of the pantry so I would stop eating it!) and while both taste amazing, my tip is to use larger chunks of chocolate, I promise you won’t regret it!
You can make this recipe the good old fashioned way or using your Thermomix. If the boys are around, they like to help me out and there are a few more jobs they can do when making these the regular way. The only issue is they want to eat all of the chocolate before adding it to the mixture and they always end up arguing over who gets to lick the bowl.
Thermomix Chocolate Chip and Milo Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter (quartered) into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2. If it hasn’t quite melted completely (time it takes to melt will depend on the temperature of your butter), cook for a further 1 minute, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4, REVERSE.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and fill until approximately 2/3 full.
- Place the Chocolate Chip and Milo Muffins into the oven to cook for 18 – 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This recipe makes approximately 12 standard sized muffins, or you can also use a smaller cupcake tray to make approximately 36 mini muffins. They will last 2 -3 days in a sealed container (if they last that long!) and can also be frozen.