This easy Milo Muffins recipe is just perfect to make with the kids, just make sure they don’t eat all of the mixture first!
I’ve been a big fan of Milo ever since I was a kid, and along with drinking it, both my sister and I used to love spreading it (as well as strawberry Quick) over a bowl of vanilla ice cream and mixing it all together to form a weird looking ice cream paste – it was so good! I returned to the delicious goodness of Milo during each of my pregnancies when I crave a big glass of ice cold milk with a few generous scoops of Milo added. Both of the boys got a taste for it during my last pregnancy and loved to sit down with me and drink their own Milo drinks from their ‘big boy cups’. Instead of our usual Milo drinks for morning tea, we recently decided to try making some Milo Muffins instead, and oh my goodness, these are just the best.
This Milo Muffins recipe honestly takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish (regardless of whether you are making them the traditional way or with a thermomix) and none of us could resist trying one while still warm from the oven.
The boys call these chocolate muffins thanks to their colour, and I’m certainly not going to correct them! These muffins have a mild Milo taste to them, which we all really enjoyed, however for the big Milo fans out there you could certainly boost the amount of Milo you add to the recipe to 3/4 of a cup instead of 2/3.
We also chose not to ice our Milo Muffins as they were honestly that good to eat all on their own. If you were making these for a special occasion, you could certainly top them with some chocolate icing and sprinkle with extra Milo – yum!
Thermomix Milo Muffins Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the butter (quartered) into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2. If it hasn’t quite melted completely (time it takes to melt will depend on the temperature of your butter), cook for a further 1 minute, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and fill until approximately 2/3 full.
- Place the Milo Muffins into the oven to cook for 18 – 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
This Milo Muffins recipe makes approximately 12 standard sized muffins, or you can also use a smaller cupcake tray to make approximately 36 mini muffins. They will last 2 -3 days in a sealed container (if they last that long!) and can also be frozen.