My easy Rocky Road Christmas Pudding is the perfect dessert for your Christmas celebrations!
When I think about Christmas recipes, rocky road immediately springs to mind. It’s one of those seriously easy recipes that I only seem to make at Christmas time, which is probably a good thing for my waist line! This year I wanted to mix it up a little and try something a little different using my favourite Rocky Road recipe. This Rocky Road Christmas Pudding is the perfect no bake Christmas dessert and would be the perfect centrepiece on any Christmas party or even Christmas Day table.
This recipe is so forgiving and you can easily substitute any of the ingredients (aside from the chocolate!) for your favourite treats. I’ve also made versions using raisins, shortbread and even popping candy – the ingredients you can use and combinations are really only limited by your imagination.
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Jaffa or M&Ms to decorate
My two little helpers were VERY eager to help me out with this recipe, and it’s surprising that we actually ended up with enough ingredients to put this Rocky Road together. Many of the photos I took had to be discarded thanks to little hands trying to steal a marshmallow or swipe some of the melted chocolate.
Tips for Making this Recipe:
- This recipe can be made up to a week in advance, cover with cling wrap and store in the fridge until needed.
- You can use either a pudding tin or a deep bowl for this recipe.
- It’s important to place the cling wrap over the base of your pudding dish as this is what helps to remove the ‘pudding’ once set.
- You can change the add ins for the Rocky Road to suit your taste.
- If you can’t find Jaffas, M and Ms are also perfect decorations.
Can This Recipe Be Made into Individual Portions?
Yes! If the thought of one big Chocolate Rocky Road Christmas Pudding is a little too much for you, you could also split the Rocky Road mixture into cupcake cases to make little individual puddings, these also have the added bonus of being great Christmas gifts for friends, teachers and family.
Rocky Road Christmas Pudding Recipe
- Pudding tin or a bowl
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- 250 grams marshmallows
- 50 grams unsalted cashews
- 50 grams mini pretzels
- ½ cup dried cranberries craisins
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 1 Jaffa or red M&M to decorate.
- Line a pudding bowl (or a deep regular bowl) with cling wrap, make sure the sides and base are completely covered and you leave cling wrap overhanging to help remove the Rocky Road Christmas Pudding once it has set.
- Assemble your ingredients on a work bench so they are in easy reach.
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place it into a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts until the chocolate has just melted.
- Add the marshmallows, cashews, pretzels and dried cranberries to the bowl with the melted chocolate and quickly mix together with a large metal spoon until all of the ingredients are coated with chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pudding bowl and gently push down and smooth the surface. Place the Rocky Road pudding into the fridge to set, this should only take a couple of hours.
- Carefully remove the set pudding from the bowl, remove the cling wrap and turn upside down onto a serving plate – dome side on top.
- Melt the white chocolate and pour over the top of the Rocky Road pudding before adding the Jaffa and mint leaves to decorate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.