I’m loving slice recipes at the moment. There is something about a perfect little square of deliciousness that makes me so happy. Maybe it’s because I don’t feel naughty when I sneak one small piece from the fridge here and there. I just won’t stop and think about how many pieces I end up eating throughout the day 🙁
When it comes easy and delicious chocolate slice recipes, you can’t go past a traditional and easy Mars Bar Slice. It has been YEARS since I have made this, which is odd considering it’s one of my favourite slices. Thankfully when I was recently looking for party food ideas, I stumbled across it and like a long lost friend we have easily re-acquainted ourselves and promised to keep in touch more often.
I made this a couple of days before the party, and although a few pieces may have been missing, there was still enough for our guests to enjoy.
Mars Bar Slice
- 5 x Mars Bars
- 125 g of Butter
- 4 Cups of Rice Bubbles
- 1 x 220g block of Milk Chocolate
- Line a slice tray with non stick baking paper, leaving excess paper to hang over the edges.
- Roughly chop four of the Mars Bars into small pieces and place them into a medium size saucepan. Add the butter and stir over a low heat until both ingredients have melted together.
- Place the rice bubbles in a separate bowl, and pour over melted ingredients. Mix together and pour into a slice tray. Use the back of a spoon to spread and press into tray.
- Slice extra Mars Bar into small pieces and set aside.
- Melt Chocolate (I break it into small pieces and melt in the microwave, cooking it for 30 second spurts and stirring in between.
- Pour melted chocolaté over the slice and decorate with the extra pieces of Mars Bar.
- Place in the fridge for approximately 2 hours to set.
- Tip: You can ice the slice at anytime, however it's so much easier to spread the chocolate while the slice is still warm.
Do you have a favourite recipe you haven’t made in a long time? I’d love to hear what it is x