These easy Thermomix Rum Balls are the PERFECT recipe to make with the kids – just make sure they don’t eat all of the mixture first!
This easy Thermomix Rum Balls recipe is one of my FAVOURITE recipes to make with the boys. Yes it’s messy, but they just love rolling the mixture into balls and then covering them in coconut, although many of our Rum Balls never make it to the fridge to firm!
While they are called ‘Rum’ Balls, this version is kid friendly thanks to using vanilla essence instead of rum. You can easily use rum instead if you would prefer a grown up version. We like to make these for easy Rum Balls for special occasions such as play dates or birthday parties, but they also make the perfect easy homemade Christmas gift too – just pop them into a cute container and your done!
If you don’t have a thermomix – don’t worry!
You can find conventional instructions for making these easy Rum Balls here.
Easy Thermomix Rum Balls
- 250 g of crushed Marie biscuits - or any other plain biscuit
- 90 g 1 cup of desiccated coconut plus extra to roll the balls in
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 395 g 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Place the extra coconut (approximately ½ a cup into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and use the 1 sec Turbo Function 5 - 6 times to crush the biscuits until they resemble bread crumbs.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla essence, coconut and condensed milk to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on reverse speed 3. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 3 until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture up and roll into balls.
- Roll the Rumbles in the extra coconut until covered.
- Repeat until you have used all of the Rum Ball mixture and then place them into the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour to firm.