This easy Weet-Bix Slice recipe is perfect for the entire family!
Whenever I want to make a chocolate treat for the kids, I turn to either my Nan’s Chocolate Cake or this easy Weet-Bix Slice recipe. Both are super simple to make (you only need one bowl to mix it all together), they are freezer friendly (yes, even when iced!) and they satisfy our chocolate cravings.
So while this certainly isn’t the healthiest recipe going around, when it comes to treats, I’d much prefer the kids eat something that we have made versus something we’ve purchased from a store that is full of ingredients we don’t recognise. If you are looking to make this Weet-Bix Slice that little bit better for the kids, then you can easily omit the chocolate icing and just eat it as is.
Regardless of whether you do decide to ice this slice or not, make sure you leave it to cool completely before icing or cutting into pieces, otherwise you might end up with a crumbly, chocolate mess – although that might not be an entirely bad thing!! To help speed up the cooling process, you can pop the slice (while it’s still in the tin) into your fridge or freezer.
Easy Weet-Bix Slice Recipe
- 12 Weet-Bix
- ¼ cup 25g cocoa
- ¾ cup 130gbrown sugar
- 200 g butter - melted
- ½ cup 45g desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- Chocolate icing
- 1 ½ cups 225g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper. Set aside until needed.
- Place the Weet-Bix into a food processor and pulse until crushed.
- In a large bowl, add the crushed Weet-Bix, cocoa, brown sugar, melted butter, coconut and egg and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your slice tin and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture firmly into the tray.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Carefully remove the Weet-Bix Slice from the oven and allow it to completely cool.
- Once the slice is cool, place all of the ingredients for the chocolate icing into a small bowl and mix until combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the icing over the top of the slice and use a butter knife to smooth the surface. Decorate with 100s and 1000s.
- Allow the chocolate icing to set before slicing into pieces and storing in an airtight container.
If your chocolate icing is too runny, add an extra tablespoon of icing sugar.
Thermomix Easy Weet-Bix Slice Recipe
Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line an 18 x 28cm slice tray with baking paper.
Place the weetbix into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7 to crush. Transfer the crushed weetbix to another bowl and set aside until needed.
Without washing the bowl, place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt.
Add the crushed weetbix, cocoa, brown sugar, coconut and egg to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds speed 4. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4.
Transfer the mixture to your prepared slice tray and cook for 18 – 20 minutes, you want the slice to be firm to the touch.
Allow the Weetbix Slice to completely cool in the tin before preparing the icing. Combine all of the icing ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth and combined.
Pour the icing over the completely cooled slice and use a butter knife to smooth. Decorate if desired