This Ham, Corn and Cheese Impossible Pie is a great family meal.
I’m all for easy meals to feed my family and they really don’t get much easier than this Ham, Corn and Cheese Impossible Pie. It’s based on my Egg and Bacon Impossible Pie recipe which is one of ALL three of my boys favourites meals, so you can imagine it’s on a regular rotation in our house!!
I came up with this Ham, Corn and Cheese version after I went to make our regular recipe and decided to use the copious amount of leftover ham from school lunches that week (after my six year old suddenly declared he didn’t like ham anymore….) and I then thought why not add the corn to the recipe instead of serving it on the side?
The resulting meal was a big hit with everyone, so much so, that the boys asked for more (which NEVER happens!!) and ended up eating half of the pie in one sitting – woohoo! As well as being a winner with the kids, this recipe is also incredibly easy to make and you can have it ready on the table within one hour from start to finish – enjoy!
Ps. You can find more family friendly dinner ideas in my ‘Family Dinners Made Easy’ book – you can view the contents here.
Ham, Corn and Cheese Impossible Pie
- 250 g of shaved ham - chopped
- 200 g corn kernels
- 1 brown onion - finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 ½ cups of tasty cheese - grated
- ⅓ cup of self raising flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly grease a 5 cup capacity pie dish and preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Roughly chop shaved ham and sprinkle over the base of the pie dish.
- Add the finely diced brown onion, corn kernels, grated cheese and flour and gently stir through until all of the ingredients have been coated in flour.
- In a large jug, whisk together the eggs, milk, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper before carefully pouring it over the mixture in the pie dish.
- Place the pie dish into the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the Ham, Corn and Cheese Impossible Pie has risen and it golden on top.
For more great family friendly dinner meal ideas, check out this post.
Hi, is this freezer friendly? Thanks!
Hi Mel, It sure is 🙂
Are your oven temperatures for fan forced. Or conventional ovens, please? Thanks.
Hi Jenny, It’s a fan forced oven xx
As I am having friends descend on our house this weekend, I have been looking for something easy to feed them. This looks as though I have found it.
Thank you very much.
I hope you all enjoy it, have a great weekend!
It’s simply simply simply awwwwwesommmme…!!! I love these impossible pies. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Thanks so much Chelsea 🙂
Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
Oh yum! I love an impossible pie – they’re always impossibly good!