There is not better time of year to get into the kitchen and have some fun with the kids (yes, that is possible!) then in the lead up to Christmas, and this easy Vanilla Christmas Cookies recipe is the perfect project for your little helpers to get involved with.
I decided to make these Vanilla Christmas Cookies after being sent a range of products from iconic bakeware brand Bakers Secret to have some fun with (check out the end of this post to find out how you can win a great gift pack too!). There really is nothing like new bakeware to get you inspired (yep, I’m a kitchen nerd!) and in just a few days we’ve used our products to make the BEST Roasted Potatoes I’ve had in a very long time, Apple and Cinnamon Cupcakes and of course these yummy Vanilla Christmas Cookies which we made for the boys to take to kindy to share with their friends for morning tea.
The medium sized Baker’s Secret Baking Tray is the perfect size for approximately 20 cookies, perfect when you have a couple of little people
fighting eager to have a turn placing the cookies onto the tray and decorating. These Vanilla Christmas Cookies really are perfect to make with the kids, although you do have to watch that they don’t eat all of the decorations!
Vanilla Christmas Cookies and Win a Bakers Secret Gift Pack
- 125 of butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Red and Green M&M's to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and combine until pale and creamy.
- Beat through the eggs one at a time and combine well between each addition.
- Remove the bowl for the mixer stand and carefully stir through the flour and baking powder.
- Roll tablespoons of mixtures into balls, place on the baking trays making sure you leave enough space in between each cookie as they will spread a little. Flatten the top of the cookie slightly and decorate with the red and green M&M's. Continue to create cookies until all the mixture has been used.
- Place baking trays in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minute or until the cookies begin to brown on top. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Vanilla Christmas Cookies Thermomix Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4 or until combined. Stop after 10 seconds to scrape down the sides.
- Scoop up tablespoon sized balls of the cookie mixture and place onto your prepared baking trays. Flatten the surface of the biscuits slightly and decorate with red and green M&M’s and place in the oven to bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can find more easy Christmas recipe ideas in this post
Also make sure you check out our Christmas eBooks here