These Vanilla Snap Biscuits are another favourite from the Donna Hay Modern Classic 2 book – these yummy biscuits are super easy and a great gift idea (low cost & from the heart… apologies to anyone I may have offended who have received these as a gift!).
The dough can also be frozen so you can have biscuits ready to cook at any time. If you need to bake them super fast, just pop the dough in the microwave on the defrost setting and check it every minute or so. To jazz them up, I sometimes add hundreds and thousands on the top. You could also drizzle melted chocolate over the baked biscuits to make them look even more special.
Quick and Easy - Vanilla Snap Biscuits
- 185 g butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk - extra
- 100 s and 1000s to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together (I use my kitchenaid mixer, however the recipe suggests using a food processor)
- Add the flour, egg and extra egg yolk and beat together to form a smooth dough (if using a mixer, use dough hook attachment, otherwise keep it on a slow setting if you don’t have one)
- Lightly knead the dough and wrap in glad wrap and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes - or if freezing, wrap in glad wrap and pop into the freezer.
- Roll out dough (thickness of 5mm) between two sheets of baking paper and using your choice of a cookie cutter, cut out shapes and put onto baking trays lined with baking paper (add hundreds and thousands at this point if you wish).
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks
- Decorate as desired
These Vanilla Snap Biscuits make the perfect easy after school or even lunch box treat and the kids (plus grown ups!) will just love them!
What’s your favourite easy biscuit recipe?