My kids LOVE popcorn and this easy Cinnamon Popcorn recipe is a great way to mix things up!
When it comes to easy snacks, this Cinnamon Popcorn recipe will soon become one of your go to recipes. Homemade popcorn is a healthy and inexpensive snack for the kids (plus grown ups!) and I make a batch each Sunday to last us all for the week. I buy my corn kernels in bulk from a local co-op and find that 1kg will last us about two months. While the boys enjoy eating plain popcorn, for something a little bit different I have been making this Cinnamon Popcorn for them and they have both given it a big thumbs up.
My biggest tip when making this, is to ensure you have all of your ingredients ready to add to the popcorn as soon as it’s ready as this will help all of the popcorn kernels to become coated with the lovely cinnamon and butter mixture.
This Cinnamon Popcorn tastes great when eaten while it’s still warm (which my boys insist on doing!) however it will also keep for up to a week when stored in an airtight container.
Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe
- ⅓ cup of popping corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons of rice bran oil
- 50 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Prepare the popcorn by adding the oil to a large saucepan (that also has a lid!) and heat over a high heat for 3 minutes until the oil is hot.
- Add the corn kernels and quickly cover with a lid. Keep shaking the saucepan so that the corn kernels keep moving and have all popped. Turn the heat off when the popping begins to slow down and transfer the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Place the butter into a small saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 2 minutes until it’s melted. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir for 2 - 3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the cinnamon and butter mixture over the popcorn and stir through to coat - then serve.
Do your kids like popcorn too?
You can find more snack ideas for the kids here.