This Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice is a delicious sweet treat for the kids – and grown ups too!
I came up with the slice when I went to make my regular Muesli Slice recipe for our morning tea and discovered we were out of nuts and sultanas – thankfully it was a hit with the boys. This slice is PACKED with dried apricots simply because we all love them, however you can easily reduce the amount used if you prefer.
While it may be super tempting to take this Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice out of the tin quickly so you can cut it up to eat, it’s REALLY important to let it cool completely in the tin as this helps it stay together when the time does come to cut it.
Since ‘discovering’ this recipe, it’s become one of our favourites and is now on regular rotation in our house. It’s also perfect for lunch boxes or as an afternoon snack.
Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice
- ½ cup 40g of unprocessed bran
- 1 cup 110g of rolled oats
- ½ cup 75gof wholemeal flour
- 150 g of dried apricots
- ½ cup 45g of coconut
- ¼ cup of raw sugar
- ½ cup 125g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a 28cm x 18scm slice tin with baking paper - make sure to leave paper hanging over the sides.
- Place all of your dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, along with the eggs and stir well.
- Tip the mixture into your prepared slice tray and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon to smooth the surface.
- Place the slice into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow the slice to cool completely in the tin before cutting into pieces and storing in an airtight container.
Thermomix Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a 28cm x 18scm slice tin with baking paper – make sure to leave paper hanging over the sides.
Place the dried apricots into your Thermomix bowl and use the 1 sec turbo function 2 – 3 times to chop. If you prefer your Apricot pieces very small, blitz 4 – 5 times. Transfer to a separate bowl until needed.
Without washing the bowl, add the golden syrup and butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to combine.
Add the remaining ingredients (including the chopped apricots) and mix for 15 seconds, speed 4 REVERSE.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a 10 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE to combine.
Tip the mixture into your prepared slice tray and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon to smooth the surface.
Place the Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Allow the slice to cool completely in the tin before cutting into pieces and storing in an airtight container.
Tried this one and it is beautiful!
Can these be frozen?
I haven’t tried freezing it before, but it should be ok 🙂
That looks like it would be perfect for my childrens lunch boxes! Do you think it would be possible to use Coconut oil in place of the butter? Can’t wait to try this!
Hi Chris, I haven’t tried it with coconut oil, it should be ok but it may change the texture a little.