I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but with back to school not too far away (yep I know!) if you are looking for yummy lunchbox snacks for the kids, these easy Ham and Cheese Scrolls are for you!
These Ham and Cheese Scrolls are really easy to make and use the same base dough recipe as my Hawaiian Pizza Scrolls and Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls and my favourite part of this recipe is that you don’t need to use any yeast when making this dough.
To give these Ham and Cheese Scrolls a little extra kick, I like to add a couple of tablespoons of seeded mustard, however you could certainly leave this out if you prefer.
As well as making a great lunchbox snack, these easy Ham and Cheese Scrolls are also a great option for your next party and best of all they can be frozen!
Easy Ham and Cheese Scrolls Thermomix Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
3. Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
4. Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
6. Spread the butter and mustard (if using) over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
7. Brush one long edge with a little milk.
8. Scatter the ham and cheese over the dough.
9. Starting at the long side (without milk) carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
10. Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
11. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with a little extra grated cheese.
12. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
Are you starting to think about back to school yet?