When we are looking for something easy to make for our morning or afternoon tea this Banana Bread recipe is one of the first we turn to. Without a doubt this is easily the BEST Banana Bread recipe you will ever try – I promise! It’s a great recipe to make with the kids as there is no need to use any bulky equipment (unless you are making it in the Thermomix of course!) and they will have a ball sifting, mashing and stirring all of the ingredients together.
If you want to mix things up you can also add ½ a cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to your mixture, however we love to eat this Banana Bread as is while it’s still warm with a big glass of milk.
As well as making this Banana Bread in a standard loaf tin, I also like to make it in mini loaf tins – which are perfect for the kids. This Banana Bread is also freezer friendly, simply place it in a freezer safe container and you can then store it for up to 6 weeks – making it great for lunchbox snacks.
This is also a very easy recipe to double, why not make one Banana Bread Loaf and another batch of mini loaves?
If you are looking for the Thermomix instructions for this recipe – you can find them here.
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 & ⅔ cup of self raising flour (225g)
- ⅓ cup of caster sugar (70g)
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar (60g)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of coconut oil (125g) Liquid
- 2 medium sized bananas - mashed
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and lightly grease a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the self raising flour, cinnamon, caster sugar and brown sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and mashed banana to the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for one hour or until the banana bread is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
What’s your favourite quick and easy recipes to make?
You can also browse our entire range of eBooks here.