Looking for a great Banana Bread recipe? Without a doubt this is easily the BEST Banana Bread recipe you will ever try – I promise! It’s a great recipe to make with the kids as there is no need to use any bulky equipment (unless you are making it in the Thermomix of course!) and they will have a ball stirring, mashing and stirring all of the ingredients together.
Why you will love this recipe:
- One Bowl – you just need one bowl to make this recipe!
- Quick to prepare – this Banana Bread can be ready for the oven in around 10 minutes.
- Budget Friendly – there is no need for any fancy ingredients, you will most likely already have everything you need to make this Banana Bread in your fridge and pantry.
- Versatile – making this for kids? You can use mini loaf tray or divide the mixture into smaller loaf tins if you wish.
- Freezer Friendly – make this recipe in advance and then store for up to two months.
Banana Bread Ingredients:
Please note you will find the full ingredient list and method in the recipe card below.
- Self-raising flour – you can use plain flour and add 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- Caster Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Bananas – you will need two medium size well ripened bananas for this recipe.
- Coconut Oil – in cooler climates you will need to melt the coconut oil. You can also substitute with melted butter or light cooking oil.
How to Make this One Bowl Banana Bread Recipe:
- Combine the coconut oil, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla extract in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Add the self-raising flour, caster sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
3. Transfer to a prepared baking dish and cook until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Tips for make the BEST Banana Bread:
- You will need 2 x medium bananas for this recipe – approximately 150 grams. If you use larger bananas, the cake will have a soft consistency in the middle.
- The riper the bananas, the better!
- The coconut oil can be substituted with melted butter or a light cooking oil such as avocado oil.
- Different sized tins/trays can be used for this recipe, please not the cooking time will vary.
- This Banana Bread is best stored in an airtight container in a cool spot for up to five days.
- This recipe can be frozen, store in a freezer safe container for up to two months.
Looking for More Delicious Recipes?
- The Best Thermomix Banana Bread Recipe
- Carrot, Banana and Cinnamon Muffins
- One Bowl Banana and Strawberry Bread
- Easy Banana Pikelets Recipe
- Choc Chip Banana Blondies
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- Easy Wholemeal Banana Bread Recipe
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf pan
- 1 & ⅔ cup self raising flour 225 grams
- ⅓ cup caster sugar 70 grams
- ⅓ cup brown sugar 60 grams
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil liquid form – 125 grams
- 2 bananas medium sized, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius (fan forced) and lightly grease a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the self raising flour, cinnamon, caster sugar and brown sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and mashed banana to the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for one hour or until the banana bread is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
Looking for even more?
You can also browse our entire range of books and eBooks here.