This post is sponsored by Woolworths
When it comes to easy Christmas desserts, it doesn’t get much better than this Gingerbread Pavlova recipe! You can find everything you need to make this recipe at your local supermarket and then all you need to do is make the delicious (and simple!) caramel sauce and you are ready to put this dessert together!
This Gingerbread Pavlova couldn’t be any easier to make, and it’s also guaranteed to impress your friends and family. It’s the perfect easy dessert to take along to a Christmas party or event, and you will be able to feed approximately 10 adults. You just need a few ingredients which you can quickly pick up from the supermarket – even on the way to your party if need be!
Why you will love this recipe:
- Easy – it really doesn’t get much simpler, you just need to pick up everything you need from your local supermarket!
- Feeds a crowd – a little goes a long way with this dessert.
- Versatile – you can buy a larger pavlova base (or smaller) to suit the number of people you are catering for.
I grabbed all the essentials I needed for this recipe (ok, plus some Fruit Mince Tarts for Mr 6!) from Woolworths, and this Gingerbread Pavlova then took me no more than 45 minutes to put together, yes really! We actually probably spent more time browsing the Christmas products in Woolies than we did actually making this dessert. They have a great (and delicious) range of puddings, shortbread, fruit cakes and more, which all help to make Christmas entertaining just that little bit easier, and we will definitely be trying out the Brandy Snap Baskets and Christmas Tree vol au Vents VERY soon! We also grabbed a couple of packs of their Mini Pastry Tart Shells while we were there to pop into the freezer as these make such a great easy dessert when topped with some Caramel Top N Fill and whipped cream.
How to Make this Gingerbread Pavlova:
This really is a fun recipe to make as for the most part, you are doing the best part – decorating!
- To make this Gingerbread Pavlova, you simply top a Woolworths Pavlova Base with whipped cream, pieces of yummy Gingerbread (which is baked in-store) and caramel sauce before the cute Gingerbread Man centrepiece is added – see, how simple is that?! Just make sure your little helpers don’t try to steal the Gingerbread like mine!
Tips for Making this Recipe:
- Now while you can certainly start preparing this recipe a day in advance, when it comes time to topping it with the gingerbread pieces/man and caramel sauce, it’s best to add those just before serving, as that way the gingerbread will not go soft.
- You can enjoy leftovers the following day, however your gingerbread pieces may go soft.
You might also enjoy:
- Easy Pavlova Recipe
- Christmas Trifle Recipe | Summer Berry Trifle
- Chocolate Ripple Cake
- Easy Caramel Tarts
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Slice
- No Bake Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake
- Christmas Jelly Slice
Easy Gingerbread Pavlova Recipe
- Large Serving Plate
- 500g Woolworths Pavlova Base
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams butter
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 290 gram bag of Woolworths ‘Christmas Shortbread – Gingerbread’
- 1 1 x Woolworths Frosty Iced Cookie – Gingerbread Man
To make the caramel sauce
- Place the butter, brown sugar and thickened cream into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the mixture begins to gently bubble. Reduce to a low heat and give the caramel sauce a good stir before cooking for a further 3 – 4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Please note it will also thicken as it cools.
- Remove the caramel sauce from the heat and carefully transfer to a container and pop into the fridge to cool.
- In the meantime, place the thickened cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and use an electric hand mixer to mix until soft peaks form – store in the fridge until needed.
- Roughly chop the Gingerbread and set aside until needed.
- Once the caramel sauce has cooled, place the Pavlova base onto your serving plate and top with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the chopped Gingerbread pieces over the top of the whipped cream and then drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Add the Gingerbread Man and serve with the leftover Caramel Sauce.
- This Gingerbread Pavlova is best put together no more than 2 hours before being required.
- You can prepare all of the components a day in advance.