This Easy Caramel Tarts recipe will become your new go to dessert!
Ok, so there isn’t a lot (or any!) cooking involved in this easy Caramel Tarts recipe, but what if lacks in cooking steps, it sure makes up for it when it comes to being a quick, simple and most importantly delicious dessert!
I was first introduced to the idea for this recipe for my Aunty around 20 years ago (eek, I’m old!) when she made a similar version in a large sweet pastry tart shell. While I’ve made her original version quite a few times over the years (as it really is the quickest dessert to make) I do really like using these mini pastry tart shells instead as it’s much easier to serve and you also don’t have to share 😉
It’s best to leave these easy Caramel Tarts to chill in the fridge for an hour or so before eating, but I would highly recommend that you enjoy them within a day of making them, as the pastry may begin to go a little soft.
If you love all things caramel like me, make sure you check out my Chocolate Ripple Cake with Caramel 🙂
Easy Caramel Tarts Recipe
- 12 Mini Sweet Pastry Tart Shells
- 395 gram tin of Caramel Top N Fill
- 150 ml thickened cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Flake chocolate bar
- Remove the mini pastry tart shells from their foil containers and place onto your serving plate.
- Place the thickened cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and use a hand mixer to whisk together until soft peaks form. Place into the fridge until needed.
- Pour the Caramel Top n Fill into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Fill the tarts shells with the Caramel Top N Fill
- Place a small dollop of whipped cream on top of each tart and sprinkle with pieces of the Flake bar.
- Place the Caramel Tarts into the fridge to chill for one hour before serving.
You can also find more great easy recipes in our print and ebook collection – visit the shop here.