Looking for the QUICKEST and BEST Cinnamon Scroll recipe? Well you’ve found it with these Easy Yeast Free Cinnamon Scrolls!!
I’ve been wanting to have a go at making Cinnamon Scrolls for what feels like FOREVER and with Mother’s Day coming up I decided now was as good a time as any to finally give them a try – after all there will be no fancy breakfast in bed for me unless I make it myself! In the interests of saving time, I decided to use my fail safe scroll dough recipe – the same one I used for my Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls and Nutella and Raspberry Scrolls to create these yummy and most importantly yeast free Cinnamon Scrolls.
To make these Yeast Free Cinnamon Scrolls, simply combine the butter, salt and self raising flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Then add the milk and knead.
Roll to form a large rectangle
Spread the cinnamon, sugar and butter mixture over the top and roll.
And then place into your baking tray/tin.
Tips for Making These Yeast Free Cinnamon Scrolls:
- You can bake these Scrolls on either a baking tray or a round tin.
- I make the dough into 12 scrolls, you can make more or less but your cooking time will vary.
- These Scrolls are freezer friendly both iced and plain.
Watch How to Make These Easy Yeast Free Cinnamon Scrolls Below
Now I’m going to give you a warning before you read this recipe, these scrolls are most certainly a sometimes food and cannot be considered healthy in any shape or form. Thanks to the combination of a thick and generous butter, sugar and cinnamon filling is complemented perfectly by the soft scroll dough and sweet vanilla icing you only need one (ok maybe two) to satisfy you – but if you eat these warm I dare you to stop at just one!
Easy Yeast Free Cinnamon Scrolls
- 2 cups of self raising flour 300 grams
- 90 g of butter chilled
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ⅔ cup of milk 170 grams
For the Filling
- 60 grams of butter softened
- 1 & ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of caster sugar
For the Icing
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl before rubbing in the butter until the mixture is the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Slowly add the milk and use a butter knife to combine.Turn out the dough and knead until it forms a smooth ball.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out until you have a 30 x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle generously over the top of the butter.
- Starting at the long side carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
- Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray, making sure you leave enough room to rise.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Let the Cinnamon Scrolls cool on the tray for 5 minutes. In the meantime, combine the icing sugar, boiling water and vanilla extract to make the icing. Drizzle the icing over the top of the still warm scrolls.
- Allow the Cinnamon Scrolls to cool for a further 5 minutes and enjoy!
Easy Cinnamon Scrolls Thermomix Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
3. Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
4. Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
6. Spread the softened butter all over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
7. Combine the caster sugar and cinnamon before sprinkling over the top of the butter.
8. Starting at the long side, carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
9. Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
10. Place on a baking tray – make sure to leave enough room for the scrolls to rise.
11. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
12. Let the scrolls cool on the tray for five minutes while you make the Vanilla Icing by combining the icing sugar, boiling water and vanilla extract.
13. Drizzle the Vanilla icing over the top of the Cinnamon Scrolls before letting them cool for a further five minutes.