This will seem like an odd opening statement, but I do not like this slice. For as long as I can remember I just don’t enjoy the combination of mint and chocolate, it just doesn’t seem right. It feels like I’m eating chocolate toothpaste which is just plain yuck.
One of the benefits of not liking peppermint chocolate meant the whole block actually went into this slice, unlike when I have made Caramello or Picnic Slice. I know it’s strange to make something that you don’t like and won’t eat, but when I was asked to provide morning tea for my hubby to take into work, it seemed like a great opportunity to try something different.
Instead of topping the slice with coconut, as I’ve done with other variations, I melted 150g of white chocolate and drizzled it over the top of the slice. I’m told (and my hubby is not shy when it comes to telling me if he doesn’t like something), that it was yummy and he came home with an empty plate which is also a great sign!
For those of you who do enjoy the taste of peppermint and chocolate, why not try this recipe for yourselves. I’d love to hear (and see) how it goes!
Easy Peppermint Slice
- 100 g butter - melted
- ½ tin of condensed milk
- 200 g block of Peppermint Chocolate - melted
- 1 packed of Marie Biscuits - crushed
- 150 g of white chocolate melts
- Line a slice tin with enough baking paper that it is hanging over the sides
- In a large bowl, crush the Marie Biscuits until the resemble fine crumbs.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. I use the microwave to melt chocolate, cooking it for 30 second spurts on a medium high heat and mixing in between.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter and the condensed milk to the crushed biscuits. Using a large metal spoon, stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the slice tin, and use the back of your metal spoon to press it down into the tray, creating a flat surface.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, and drizzle across the top of the slice.
- Place slice in the fridge to firm, and after approximately 1 hour, remove and cut into small slices.
Enjoy! Also please feel free to share pictures/stories of your creations over on my Facebook Page or you can email me at email@example.com