This no bake Apricot and Coconut Slice is my five year olds current favourite lunchbox treat!
I’ve been making a batch of this no bake Apricot and Coconut Slice pretty much each week lately, as it’s quickly become a lunchbox staple! Both of my older boys are in love with dried apricots, so they just love this quick and easy no bake slice and I love how simple it is to put together!
You can pop half of this Apricot and Coconut Slice into the freezer for another time if you like, as it defrosts well – just make sure you store it in a freezer friendly container. Otherwise, I recommend storing it in an airtight container in the fridge where it will last for up to a week – well in theory anyway!
As well as being a great lunchbox treat, this no bake Apricot and Coconut Slice is also perfect for morning/afternoon tea, parties or you can make it just because you feel like a sweet treat! If you would like to make it a little bit more indulgent, you can omit the extra coconut on top of the slice and replace it with melted white chocolate – yum!
If you are looking for a ‘healthier’ Apricot and Coconut Slice, my 2 Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Slice is for you.
Thermomix No Bake Apricot and Coconut Slice
- Line an 18 x 28cm slice tin with baking paper, making sure you leave paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the slice once it has set.
- Place the biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 5 seconds, speed 7 to crush the biscuits.
- Add the dried apricots and blitz for 5 seconds, speed 6 to chop. Transfer to a separate bowl until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, add the brown sugar and butter and cook for 3 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the crushed biscuits and chopped apricots as well as the coconut and condensed milk and mix for 15 seconds, speed 5, reverse.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slice tray and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with extra coconut over the top of the slice and place into the fridge 2 hours to set before removing and cutting into pieces to serve.
You can also shop the entire range of printed and eBooks here.