It’s no secret that desserts are one of my favourite things, I mean who can resist ending a meal with some dark chocolate, a slice of fluffy cake or perhaps best of all – a piece of creamy cheesecake? This Toblerone Cheesecake combines all of the elements which make a great dessert, a rich crumbly base, light and creamy centre and of course – lots of chocolate! While it’s certainly not for those counting calories, it’s the perfect dessert to enjoy with your friends and family and with Australia Day coming up, this is one recipe to definitely add to your party menu.
- 1 cup of crushed chocolate ripple biscuits
- 100 g of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of almond meal ground almonds
- For the Filling:
- 500 g of Cream Cheese - softened
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 200 g of Toblerone plus an extra 100g finely sliced to decorate
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm spring tin with baking paper.
- Combine the crushed biscuits, butter and almond meal in a large bowl, before pressing into the base your springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Place the tin in the fridge to chill.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
- While the mixer is still going, add the melted chocolate and cream and continue to beat until combined.
- Remove spring tin from the fridge and pour the filling over the top of the biscuit base and gently smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the extra Toblerone over the top of the cheesecake and place it back into the fridge for 3 - 4 hours (preferably overnight) to set.
- Remove from tin and enjoy!
What is your favourite cheesecake flavour?