These Three Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Balls are SO EASY to make and are a great recipe to make with the kids. They are also the perfect sweet treat to enjoy after dinner when you are craving a sugar hit – please tell me I’m not the only one who craves this!?
This is a really simple recipe to make and is simple enough for the bigger kids to make themselves. My little guys had a great time mixing the ingredients together and rolling it into balls, although they did become more interested in licking the sticky mixture off their fingers (and arms, shirt, face…) then actually making the Apricot and Coconut Balls after a little while.
I like to cut the dried apricot pieces into fairly big chunks, however you can easily cut them into small pieces if you prefer. This recipe makes around 24 Apricot and Coconut Balls, however you can easily make more or less if you prefer by adjusting the size of the balls.
We recently made these to share with some friends while celebrating our little man’s fourth birthday and they were a huge hit with the kids – and adults too! It was a super hot day so I popped these into the freezer for half an hour to ensure they were super cold (and firm) before taking outside in the heat to enjoy.
Three Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Balls
- 250 g of dried apricots
- 200 g of condensed milk
- 130 g of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of extra coconut for rolling
- Pour approximately 1 cup of desiccated coconut into a small bowl, this is to roll the Apricot and Coconut Balls in.
- Chop the dried apricots into small pieces and place into a large bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and use a large spoon to mix together until well combined.
- Scoop up tablespoon sized amounts of mixture and roll into a ball - don't worry the mixture will be sticky.
- Roll the Apricot and Coconut Balls into the bowl with the extra coconut to coat and place in a container.
- Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Place the three ingredient Apricot and Coconut Balls into the fridge to chill and firm for 2 hours.
Thermomix Three Ingredient Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Place the extra coconut into a bowl to roll the balls, set aside until needed.
- Place the dried apricots into the your Thermomix bowl and blitz using Turbo for 1 second 5 times – or longer if you want finer apricot chunks.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut to your Thermomix bowl and mix together for 10 seconds on Speed 3 or until combined.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and roll into balls. If you feel the mixture is too soft, simply add a little more coconut.
- Roll the balls in the extra coconut and place into a container.
- Once you have used all of the mixture, place the container into the fridge for 2 hours to allow the Thermomix Apricot and Coconut Balls to firm
I just made these as xmas gifts. So quick and easy. So tasty.
They would make a great Christmas Gift!
Shari from GoodFoodWeek
Yum – I think I might whip some of these up for myself. My sister and I used to love the apricot and coconut logs from the school canteen when we were growing up. 5 for 10 cents … how awesome were school canteen prices back then!
Oh they were awesome, I remember the really ‘expensive’ lollies were 2 for 5cents!