This Thermomix Baked Lemon Cheesecake recipe is practically failsafe – I promise!
It’s no secret that I LOVE all things lemon, just take a look at my Lemon and Coconut Balls, Lemon Blondies, Lemon Butter Cake or this Lemon Cheesecake Slice – however this Baked Lemon Cheesecake may just top them all.
I first made this Baked Lemon Cheesecake a few years and found it really easy to make, however since converting it to make in my Thermomix, it’s even easier and honestly takes no time at all to make, however you do need to allow yourself time to let the cheesecake cool in the oven (for four hours) and then chill completely in the fridge (preferably overnight). It’s really important that you don’t skip these steps as they help the cheesecake to completely set and help stop it from sinking in the middle – the wait is worth it though, I promise!
I’d been wanting to share the Thermomix instructions for this recipe for awhile now, but kept putting it off knowing that I would probably end up eating the entire cheesecake myself – yep I have no self control! However I have found a way around this, once I’ve finished taking photos of recipes, I message a few of my school mum friends to ask who would some and then I can offload it that afternoon – don’t worry I still save myself a piece to eat (for taste testing purposes!) of course 😉
Although you will find the Thermomix instructions for this recipe below, you can check out this original Baked Lemon Cheesecake post for the regular instructions.
Thermomix Baked Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 250 g of plain biscuits
- 150 g of butter – melted
- 500 g of cream cheese – softened
- 155 g ¾ cup of caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons of finely grated lemon rind
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees – fan forced.
- Line the base and sides of a 20cm round springform tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter (cut into cubes) into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 3 mins, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the biscuits and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5 to crush. If they haven't quite crushed, mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Press the mixture over the base of the prepared springform tin using the back of a metal spoon. Pop into the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- In a clean Thermomix bowl, softened cream cheese, caster sugar and lemon rind and mix for 40 seconds, speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 30 seconds, speed 5 or until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn the Thermomix onto speed 3 and remove the measuring cup from the Thermomix lid. Add the eggs one at a time through the hole, letting each egg mix through for around 10 seconds before adding the next one.
- Replace the measuring cup and add the lemon juice and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4. By this stage your lemon cheesecake mixture will be beautiful and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the springform tin and bake in the oven for approximately 50 minutes or until the filing has just set – don’t worry if it’s still a little wobbly in the centre, it will firm.
- Cool your cheesecake in the oven with the door slightly ajar, before transferring to the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours (preferably overnight) to chill completely,