When I was recently given a HUGE bag of lemons, I knew I had to make these no bake Lemon and Coconut Balls!
When a lovely friend asked if I would like a few lemons, I couldn’t resist saying yes. What I wasn’t expecting was a HUGE bag that was practically bursting at the seams which was jam packed with freshly picked lemons. I’ve since been on a lemon recipe spree and have made Lemon Delicious Pudding, Lemon Slice, Lemon Curd and several batches of these no bake Lemon and Coconut Balls as they don’t seem to last very long at all.
These Lemon and Coconut Balls are pretty much my favourite Lemon Slice recipe made into balls and rolled in coconut. They are seriously easy to make and I made a batch the morning of our little man’s 4th birthday party when I was quietly freaking out that we may not have enough food – I was definitely wrong about that! You can make this easy recipe either conventionally or using a Thermomix and either method will take you less than 15 minutes to put together. These Lemon and Coconut Balls only need an hour or so in the fridge to firm, although if you are super impatient, you can eat them soon after making them.
Lemon and Coconut Balls
- 1 x 200g pack of plain biscuits Marie or Arrowroot
- 1 x 395g tin of condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of lemon rind
- 1 2/3 cup 150g of desiccated coconut
- 1 cup 90g of desiccated coconut - for rolling
Place 1 cup of desiccated coconut into a bowl ready for rolling the Lemon and Coconut Balls in.
Place the plain biscuits into a food processor and blitz until they are finely crumbed - you can also use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits if you don't have a food processor.
Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind and 1 2/3 cups of coconut to the crushed biscuits and combine.
Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and roll it into balls before coating in the extra coconut. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
Place the Lemon and Coconut Balls into the fridge for one hour to firm.
These Lemon and Coconut Balls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
They can also be frozen
You will need 2 lemons for this recipe.
Thermomix Lemon and Coconut Balls Recipe.
- Place 1 cup of desiccated coconut into a bowl ready for rolling the Lemon and Coconut Balls in.
- Place the plain biscuits into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 5 to crush. If there are large pieces remaining, blitz on speed 5 for a further 3 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind and 150grams of coconut to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds speed 4 to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture and roll it into balls before coating in the extra coconut. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
- Place the Lemon and Coconut Balls into the fridge for one hour to firm.
For more great lemon recipes, check out this collection of yummy lemon recipes.