This Simple Spinach Cobb Loaf recipe is the perfect dish for your next BBQ, party or simply just because! It’s deliciously creamy and thanks to the french onion soup mix it’s got just the right amount of spice to make it family friendly.
After the delicious success of my Cheese and Bacon Cobb Loaf, I knew I had to make this simple Spinach Cobb Loaf ASAP! I LOVE Cobb Loaf Dips as they are so easy to make and thanks to being able to eat the ‘bowl’ there is no mess to clean up – winning!
To give my Spinach Cobb Loaf a little extra kick, I added a cup of grated mozzarella cheese which I think turns this into one of the BEST dips you will ever try – I promise! While this cobb loaf is best enjoyed straight from the oven on the day you make it, you can also make it a day in advance, store it in the freezer and then re-heat in the oven. We tried doing this and the flavours in the dip were more intense and delicious than when I first tried a scoop (ok, maybe THREE scoops) after it came out of the oven the first time.
Simple Spinach Cobb Loaf Recipe
- 1 cobb loaf
- 300 g of sour cream
- 250 g of cream cheese - softened
- 1 packet of french onion soup
- 100 g of baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese - grated
- salt and pepper
- Line a tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the ‘lid’. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
- Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves and set aside until needed.
- Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream and french onion soup mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer and on a medium speed, beat until combined.
- Add the grated mozzarella, the chopped baby spinach leaves and a little salt and pepper to the bowl and stir through until combined.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed out Cobb Loaf before place the lid back on and cover the top with foil before placing onto the covered baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces to the tray. Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until the bread pieces turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Thermomix Spinach Cobb Loaf Recipe Instructions
Line a tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the ‘lid’. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, french onion soup mixture and baby spinach leaves, along with salt and pepper into your Thermomix bowl and combine for 20 seconds on speed 3.
Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 3 or until all ingredients have combined.
Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed Cob Loaf and put the lid back on. Cover the top of the Cobb Loaf with foil and place it onto the prepared baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces to the tray. Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes or until the bread pieces turn golden brown.