Looking for a simple easter recipe to make with the kids? This Maltesers and Easter Egg Bark is perfect – just make sure they don’t eat all the eggs and Maltesers first!
I love making Chocolate Bark with the kids (as you can see from this White Chocolate and Maltesers Easter Bark and this Popping Chocolate Bark recipe) as it’s super simple to make (you just need to supervise the melting of the chocolate) and the kids will have a ball decorating (and eating!) the easter eggs and other goodies that you decorate the bark with.
For this recipe, we decided to use caramel filled eggs, crunchy speckled eggs and Maltesers to decorate the white chocolate and because we didn’t come anywhere close to using all of the easter eggs in the bags, there were plenty of leftovers for us to enjoy!
It kind of feels a little odd writing up a ‘recipe’ as such for this easter egg bark as all you have to do is melt some white chocolate, pour it onto a tray and decorate it – how easy is that!! When putting this together, it’s a good idea to have all of your decorating ‘ingredients’ ready to go once the chocolate has melted, as it will start to set quite quickly. Also I just use my hands to break this into pieces, however you can also use a sharp knife to cute it.
You can find more great Easter recipes in our Easter Recipe eBook. Shop all of our print and eBooks here.
Thermomix Maltesers and Easter Egg Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Cover a small baking tray with baking paper and place all of your ingredients close by.
- Break the white chocolate into pieces and place in to your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 8 to grate the chocolate before cooking for 5 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 3 – or until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking tray and move the tray around to get a thin layer of chocolate.
- Sprinkle the easter eggs and Maltesers over the top of the melted white chocolate until it’s covered.
- Once done, place the Maltesers and Easter Egg Chocolate Bark into the fridge for 1 hour or until it’s set.
- Remove from the fridge and cu/break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.