Happy Friday fellow foodies! I hope you have all had a deliciously wonderful week! A huge thank you to everyone who linked up with us last week, there was such a huge variety amongst the 61 recipes linked up.
We had a three way tie for the most popular post of the week. I don’t know about you, but I’m having a tough time deciding what my favourite is!
Zamamabakes shared her wickedly delicious Butterscotch Brownie recipe, which I have pinned and plan to bake as soon as I finish my detox!
The gorgeous girls from Champagne Cartel shared their yummy Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe, which not only looks delicious but is easy to make too.
Finally our own Lauren from Create Bake Makes Mars Bar Cookies snuck into the equal top position.
Other favourites from last week included:
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and this Sweet French Toast with Strawberries and Passionfruit by Healthy Stories looks like the perfect way to start the day.
It’s also been an exciting week for Lucy, who has been selected as a finalist to become Mamamia’s next Food Blogger with her gorgeous Mini Peach and Passionfruit Cheesecake Tarts. All it takes is a couple of minutes to vote and just by voting you will also be in the running to win a $100 Universal Gift Card. Let’s all get behind Lucy and cement her place as the new Mamamia Food Blogger!
Now it’s over to Lauren for this weeks recipe – Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I’m going to come out and say it: Banana Bread may possibly be the best recipe ever invented….. I’m already ducking for cover 😉 Let me state my case:
* It is easy to make and only requires ONE bowl.
* It uses up those creepy looking bananas sitting in your fruit bowl that no one else will touch.
* You can eat it anytime of the day and not feel guilty (ok, maybe you will feel a little guilty), but there is nothing wrong sitting down to a grilled slice of Banana Bread topped with fresh pieces of banana and drizzled in honey. It’s also the perfect sweet little something to stop those mid afternoon sugar cravings in their tracks.
* It’s versatile! There are simply so many variations you can make. Add some walnuts or pecans for a little bit of crunch, add raspberries or strawberries for added sweetness.
* Did I mention it’s easy to make? Perfect if you have a little person or two who likes to help out in the kitchen.
Now I’ve made a few variations of Banana Bread over the past few years, but it was only recently that I added Choc Chips to the mix – I know, what was I thinking?!?! The result was delicious, the dark chocolate chips scattered throughout this sweet bread simply made it taste incredible.
And as an added bonus, you can also freeze it! Before popping into the freezer a few weeks ago, I cut it into small slices and individually wrapped them . Then on the odd occasion (ok, maybe a couple of times a week) when I’ve craved something sweet, I’ve just popped a slice in the microwave for 45 seconds and it has been just as soft and moist as it was the day I made it!
Now if you want to try this yummy Choc Chip Banana Bread for yourself, just follow this easy recipe:
Fabulous Foodie Fridays #6 - Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed overripe bananas I used 3 large bananas
- 50 g of butter - melted
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (or 160 degrees if fan forced).
- Grease and line a loaf pan (20cm x 10cm) and set aside until needed.
- Combine the flour, sugar and chocolate chips in a large bowl
- Combine the eggs, milk, banana and butter in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and mix well until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!