Love Banana Bread? You really need to try this easy Banana and Pineapple Cake!
If you are looking for a kids activity these school holidays (which doesn’t involve chocolate!), you can’t go past this incredibly easy and yummy Banana and Pineapple Cake recipe. There is mashing, measuring and mixing involved, what more could you ask for!?!? It’s also a great opportunity to use up those brown bananas the kids refuse to eat.
You could add a simple icing to this loaf but I prefer it without and it sure tastes delicious when eaten warm with a glass of milk. This recipe makes a large loaf, so I like to cut each slice in half for the kids, this also makes it the perfect size for a lunch box treat.
Tips for Making this Banana and Pineapple Cake
- It’s important to drain the excess pineapple juice, otherwise your loaf will be very soft in the centre.
- If your bananas are very big (eg more than 100 grams in size) , I would just use one.
- This recipe is freezer friendly.
- You can make this recipe in a different size cake tin, however please not that the cooking time will vary.
Looking for the Thermomix instructions for this recipe? You can find them here.
Banana and Pineapple Cake
- 2 medium bananas
- ½ cup crushed pineapple - drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 & ¼ cups caster sugar
- 1 & ⅔ cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup coconut
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 15 x 25cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel and mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then add the pineapple, cinnamon, coconut and sugar.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix the ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, stir the oil, juice and eggs together with a fork and pour into the banana mixture. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into a loaf tin, smooth the top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.