If you love all things mint, this Chocolate Mint Rocky Road recipe is definitely for you!!
I got the idea for this recipe awhile ago when talking to a friend about what ingredients we would include in our ultimate Rocky Road recipe (mine include Tim Tams and Fantales by the way!!) and when she rattled off a list of all things choc mint, I knew I had to put the recipe together for her.
However life soon got in the way (isn’t it funny how that happens?!) but now that I’m three months into life with 3 kids, I’m finding things have settled down quite a bit and I’ve got just a little more time to experiment in the kitchen.
While I’ve included ALL of the ingredients my friend suggested, when I spotted Mint Maltesers at the supermarket last week, I knew I just had to also include them.
This Chocolate Mint Rocky Road truly is a dream come true for all mint lovers, and my husband and sister in law who is currently visiting us were more than happy to be my taste testers, and they both gave it a big thumbs up.
Thermomix Chocolate Mint Rocky Road Recipe
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper – make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the Clinkers Rocky Road once it’s set.
- Break the Peppermint Crisps, Mint Patties and Mint Aero Bars in half and chop for 3 seconds on speed 4. The time it takes to break these ingredients into large chunks will vary depending on their temperature. Alternatively you can skip this step and roughly chop these ingredients with a knife. Remove the chopped up bars and set aside until needed.
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place into your Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 10 seconds on speed 8 before scraping down the sides.
- Cook the chocolate for 2 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 1.
- Scape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and cook the chocolate for a further 2 minutes, 50 degrees, speed 1 or until it has melted.
- Add the marshmallows, mini M&M’s, half of the Mint Maltesers, marshmallows plus the chopped up Mint Patties, Peppermint Crisps and Mint Aero Bars to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 3, reverse to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 15 seconds on speed 3, reverse, or until all of the ingredients are coated in chocolate.
- Pour the Chocolate Mint Rocky Road into your prepared tin and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set, cut into pieces and serve.