Our entire household is loving in season strawberries and bananas at the moment (eating more than a kilogram of each a week!) so it only made sense to combine the two into this yummy one bowl Banana and Strawberry Bread!
The idea for this recipe was inspired by my Banana and Strawberry Cake and Easy Banana Bread recipes, and also as a way to use up a couple of bananas and some strawberries which were starting to soften and were now being ignored by the boys.
The three of us (messily) put this recipe together as thanks to containing no hot ingredients and only needing one bowl (or a thermomix) it’s really child friendly. When it comes to adding the strawberries you can use as many or little as you like, since first making this recipe we’ve also used up to 250g of strawberries which made this one bowl Banana and Strawberry Loaf super moist.
Both of the boys love this ‘strawberry cake’ and I’ve been popping half a slice into Mr 4’s kindy lunch box for a treat each day. This recipe is also freezer friendly and I’ve already popped a few slices into the freezer for easy lunch box treats for when our mornings become a whole lot busier when baby #3 arrives.
One Bowl Banana and Strawberry Bread
- 1 2/3 cup 220g self raising flour 220g of self raising flour
- 1/3 cup 75g of caster sugar
- 1/3 cup 110g of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil - melted or 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
- 3 medium sized bananas - mashed
- 150 g of strawberries - sliced
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and lightly grease a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the self raising flour, cinnamon, caster sugar and brown sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and mashed banana to the dry ingredients and mix together until they are starting to combine.
- Add the sliced strawberries and gently stir until the mixture has just combined.
- Pour the banana and strawberry bread mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes or until it is cooked through when tested with a wooden skewer.
Banana and Strawberry Bread Thermomix Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and bananas (which have been quartered) into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 4 to combine. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Add the sliced strawberries to the mixture and carefully stir them through with your spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes or until the banana and strawberry bread is golden on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer