These scrolls are seriously becoming my go to recipe, in the past week alone I’ve made them three times using a variety of fillings. So for me to say that these Nutella and Raspberry Scrolls are up there with the best is a pretty big call.
I think a big part of the success of these scrolls is the perfect relationship between Nutella and Raspberries, they just go together perfectly.
Another positive for this recipe is that it only takes 40 minutes to make and bake these delicious treats, which is perfect when you have hangry toddlers at your feet.
Nutella and Raspberry Scrolls
- 2 cups 300g of self raising flour + extra to dust
- 90 g of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup 160ml of milk
- 1/4 cup of Nutella - at room temperature
- 11/2 cups of raspberries - fresh or frozen
- Milk to brush edges
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl before rubbing in the butter until the mixture is the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Slowly add the milk and use a butter knife to combine.Turn out the dough and knead until it forms a smooth ball.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out until you have a 30 x 40cm rectangle.
- Spread the nutellla over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
- Brush one long edge with a little bit of milk.
- Scatter approximately 1 1/2 cups of raspberries over the nutella.
- Starting at the long side (without milk) carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
- Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
- Place on a baking tray, making sure you leave enough room to rise.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
Nutella and Raspberry Scrolls Thermomix Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the flour, butter and salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9 until mixture is the same consistency as bread crumbs.
3. Add the milk and mix for 7 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
4. Use the kneading function to knead the dough for 2 minutes.
5. Turn the dough out onto a floured bench and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until you have a 30cm x 40cm rectangle.
6.Spread the nutella over the dough, leaving a 2cm gap around the edges.
7. Brush one long edge with a little bit of milk.
8. Scatter the raspberries over the top of the nutella.
9. Starting at the long side (without milk) carefully roll the dough until enclosed.
10. Cut into 12 slices – approximately 2cm thick.
11. Place on a baking tray – make sure to leave enough room for the scrolls to rise.
12. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
I experimented a little and added a vanilla glaze to a few scrolls, but I actually preferred them all on their own.
Do you have hangry toddlers at your feet when you are baking too?
What is your favourite scroll combination? I’d love to hear what you think I should make next.